Special Procedures : Oxinium Total Hip
Information About Hip Replacement Surgery for Patients and Their Families
If your doctor suggests hip surgery as a treatment for your injury or arthritis of the hip, you may feel a little scared and unsure about what's likely to happen to you. Relax. Getting the right information and knowing the options can help you approach your impending treatment in a calm, unstressed state of mind.
This section of our website provides key facts about hip replacement surgery and related issues for patients and their families.
By browsing the site, you will be able to gather information about:
- Hip Replacement Surgery and Alternatives
- Hip Anatomy and Function
- Degenerative Changes Associated with Hip Arthritis
- What to Expect on Surgery Day
- Guidelines for Post-Operative Care and Rehabilitation
- Getting back to Life After Hip Replacement
The long-term goal of a hip replacement is to provide pain relief, restore normal activities of daily living, and enhance your quality of life.